What is it about?
We know very well that for some people attending a conference may be difficult due to personal or financial circumstances. That’s why we offer discounted or free tickets especially to those who are underrepresented and marginalized in the technology sector (women, members of the LGBTQIA + community, people with disabilities, minorities or other underrepresented groups) and anyone who would not otherwise be able to participate without financial assistance.
Our purpose is to create an accessible and welcoming conference, where people from various backgrounds could meet, feel safe and free to express theirselves. We want to enable all the people to attend our conferences, and promote an inclusive community.
We are involved in many ways in order to build a better environment in tech for everyone. In 2016 we became Diversity Sponsor of The PHPDiversity Rainbow Elephpant campaign on Kickstarter when the project was seemingly about to end without making it. We are very proud that many others followed us and that the project reached its goal. In 2019 we sponsored and organised for the first time RailsGirls Verona, a free coding workshop for women.
We know very well that for some people attending a conference could be difficult, because of personal or financial circumstances. That’s why we offer discounted or free tickets especially to those who are underrepresented and marginalised in tech (women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities, minorities, or other under-represented groups) and anybody who would otherwise be unable to attend without financial assistance.
How can I get a scholarship?
Fill out this form ( https://bit.ly/GrUSPScholarshipsProgram ) by selecting the conference you would like to attend. You will receive confirmation of your application by email and we will let you know as soon as possible.
Please, show your full motivation to attend our conference and let us know why it is important for you. Numbers of scholarships are limited tickets and we really would like to give them to who really needs and is engaged in our events and projects.
- Filling the form does not guarantee you access to the conference: we’ll inform all applicants regarding the outcome by e-mail.
- Free tickets are limited and the organizers’ decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
- We can’t cover travel/accommodation expenses for offline conferences.
- The ticket is only valid for the conference day and does not grant access to courses/workshops on the day before or after.
- All application information will be kept confidential.
- You can submit the application for only one conference a year
- If you are a student, please, inform us and ask for a student ticket in the dedicated question linking a certificate of attendance of your school.
- Scholarships close 30 days before each event.
- Based on the submission date of the form, we will send an email in which we will communicate the outcome 60 days before the start of the conference and a second email after 30 days. If you submit in the remaining days we will not be able to guarantee the scholarship.
How can this program be implemented?
The program that funds the scholarships would certainly not be feasible if there were no support from our sponsors who support and firmly believe in this initiative every year.
A big thank you therefore goes to the extraordinary companies that help us financially to carry out the program and constantly trying to improve the web development ecosystem!
Do you want to be part of it and become a diversity sponsor? Get in touch with us.
A big thank you to our diversity sponsors wich support this project:
Balsamiq Wireframes is the only low-fidelity UI wireframing tool designed specifically for founders, PMs, marketers and developers – not designers. Not sure where to start? We can teach you! Clarify your thoughts by sketching them out digitally, then collaborate with developers and designers to bring them to life! Get started for free at balsamiq.com
AppSignal is the most dev-friendly monitoring tool for Ruby. Catch errors, track slow requests, set smart metric alerts, configure detailed dashboards, inspect server metrics – you name it, AppSignal has it. Set-up is quick and easy. Try it free for 30 days (no cc needed). Our pricing is affordable and straightforward for all team sizes. We hope to see you soon!
Auth0 is an easy to implement, adaptable authentication and authorization platform. Basically, we make your login box awesome.